Go to the ACTION home page ACT Government

Free Travel for Seniors during Seniors Week, 12 - 20 March 2016

ACTION is providing FREE travel for all Senior Card holders from Saturday 12 to Sunday 20 March 2016. If you are a holder of the following cards you are entitled to free travel:

  • Seniors MyWay Card: If you have a Seniors MyWay Card then tag on and off as usual, but your journey will be free of charge.
  • ACT/Interstate Seniors Card: If you don’t have a MyWay Card but hold an ACT/Intersate Seniors Card, then just show the driver and your ride will be on us!

For more information on events in Seniors Week check out the COTA Seniors Week website.

Seniors Week Expo at Thoroughbred Park

On Thursday 17 March, COTA will be holding their Seniors Week Expo at Thoroughbred Park.

If you’d like to take an ACTION bus to the EXPO the below route services will travel along Flemington Road where EXPO goers can depart at EPIC and connect with the FREE shuttle at the EPIC Park & Ride which will drop you straight at the EXPO.

Regular ACTION services to the EXPO:

The following services will travel past Flemington Road.

FREE Shuttle to Thoroughbred Park

Flexible Transport Bus Service will be providing a free shuttle service to the Seniors EXPO. The shuttle will run every 30 minutes between 9am and 3pm. Services will depart the Woden Bus Station (Platform 4), City Bus Station (Platform 10) , EPIC Park & Ride and will continue through to Thoroughbred Park.


1. Am I eligible for a Seniors MyWay Card?

If you are an ACT permanent resident, aged 60 or over and not in paid employment for over 20 hours a week you are eligible for a Seniors MyWay Card.

2. What are the benefits of a Seniors MyWay Card?
  • one card to carry
  • receiving discounts offered by Seniors Card business partners
  • Easy options for adding value to ACTION MyWay card, including Direct Debit, BPay, in person and telephone
  • Tapping on and off ensures the cheapest fare is applied
  • Online access to review your travel history and MyWay card balance
3. How do I get a Seniors MyWay Card?

Application forms for a Seniors MyWay Card are available from Access Canberra shopfronts, ACT Public Libraries or the Council on the Ageing Office. Please note applications are not available online. Your application will be witnessed by shopfront, library or COTA staff, then you will be issued with a new Seniors Card.

4. What details are needed for my application?

When completing an application form, you are required to provide proof of age and residency. Acceptable forms of identification include: 

  • Proof of Age: Drivers Licence, Birth Certificate or Extract, Australian Passport
  • Proof of Residency: Drivers Licence, ACT Government Invoice, Bank Papers, DSS Pension or DVA Pension Card.
5. What happens if I lose my card?

Seniors MyWay Card balances can be restored if the card is lost, stolen or damaged.

The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 17 10.
Bookmark and Share

Contact and Help

Follow Us On

Feedback | Languages | Sitemap | Jobs ACT | Privacy | Disclaimer | Copyright Page last updated on 12 April 2016